First Warmachine Tournament

I played in my first War Machine tournament yesterday at Mag-Con.  Unfortunately, I lost in all three rounds, but mostly I had fun anyway.

Apparently it is common to have timed turns in War Machine tournaments.  I was not aware that there would be timed turns until I got to the event. That didn't go so well for me.  I have problems remembering rules and unit abilities when I don't have a time restriction. Needless to say, I was very nervous.

My problems with the practice are:
1) It does not allow for the mechanics of the game.  I can understand limiting so called "analysis- paralysis", but when I've got several dozen dice rolls to make the clock gets eaten up fast!
2) When one player or the other needs to ask questions about a unit's abilities or a rule, it's not fair to the other player causing (me at least) to avoid asking, and therefore risk breaking the rules or not using potential game-winning options that might not be completely familiar.

But that's the way it is. If I want to play in these types of events, it won't be easy, but I will just have to learn to adapt.

Painting Update:
I finished Eiryss. I'll have to take a few photos of her and post them later.  All of the white armor is done on all of the models.  I also built, primed and started painting the Manticore.

Comments

Popular Posts